Open Gym Rules/Important Info
Hello! We can see that you’re interested in joining one of our LEGENDARY Open Gym Sessions!
Here’s some quick info for you to know.
1. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO COME TO OUR OPEN GYM or Classes. We are Movement United, not Movement Hey you can’t come unless you’re a member. Open Gym is only $10. $1 if you are a member enrolled in classes, and we offer $55/month unlimited OG memberships as well.
2. LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR. Forreal though, we realize that everyone started somewhere, we are all pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be, and that we are all connected. Don’t be rude or mean to people for any reason.
3. OPEN GYM HAPPENS YEAR ROUND, IF YOU LIKE TRAINING AT THE GYM IN THE WINTER, TRAINING AT THE GYM IN THE SUMMER HELPS US BE AROUND FOR WINTER. 😀
4. If you need anything, let us know, if you want a certain piece of equipment or have suggestions, We are Here for You.
5. Open gym is $10, you can pay with cash or card, exact change is appreciated, we are a gym, not a bank. But hey, maybe we can be a bank? IDK we will look into it.
6. We would love for you to join our community. The more the merrier, we started this gym off of LEGENDARY 40+ people open gym sessions. We will get back to this and grow past it.
7. If you are interested in classes, we offer tons of discounts and have many options to make any budget affordable, some of us came up from the bottom and just want to help as many people as possible.
8. We will push you if you want to be pushed, but communication is key to having such an amazing community! Let us know anything. ANYTHING.
9. We are a professional business, but we like our vibe to be laid back and comfortable at the same time. Just a heads up.
10. We are always looking for talented, motivated, positive individuals to join our team or just join our community.
11. We have 4 Original founding principles of UNITY. RESPECT. STRENGTH. DISCIPLINE. Community, Family, Home are the describing words we live upon as well.
12. Moms & Dads, Future community members, we teach you or your children how to play safely, and enjoy the world around them by using their bodies to move in ways they’ve only ever dreamed of, each one of our coaches cares immensely about you, your son or daughter, or your grandmother (not kidding). Our 3-4:30 & 5:30-6:30 Open Gyms are family open gyms, where you can be in the gym with your little ones. or
That being said, you will never see us standing arms crossed like a trampoline park employee counting the minutes until the shift is over. Each one of us has been inspired by the power of Movement & how it has changed our lives. We are here to serve you.
Foampit/Safety (COMING EVENTUALLY)
DO NOT: Dive head first or belly flop into the foam pit! The best position to land in is feet first. If you cannot land feet first, try to land on your butt, back or side. Keep your neck and spine engaged. The best habit is to treat the foam pit as if it was hard ground. Remove shoes, socks, jewelry, and all other belongings from your pockets.
Trampoline Safety (COMING SOONER THAN THE FOAM PIT?)
One at a time! You must get permission from one of our coaches to jump from the high wall onto the tramp, or to attempt double flips.
Inflatable Tumble Floor Safetyn (AIRTRICK)
Remove shoes. Do not bounce or step on the corners of the floor.
Restrictions for Beginners
For your safety, beginners may not train on top of or jump off any obstacles that are taller than their own reach. This includes all bars and platforms over six feet. Objects within your reach are always okay to hang from. Most platforms directly bordering the foam pit are always okay to train on.
Watch Out For Those Around You
Look before you leap! The gym can be a busy place sometimes. Be aware of others training around you. Ask a friend or coach to help you with blind spots.
Do Not Play Tag
Chasing people or running blindly through the gym is dangerous to you and other people training in the gym. It is a violation of the previous rule.
Pad Your Fall Zones
Use pads and/or mats underneath you at all times until you have more formal parkour training. Please respect our equipment by using pads appropriately. Do not drag mats across the gym. Find a coach if you need help moving mats. Padding underneath bars is extremely important when swinging. Pad both sides of any bars you are swinging on!
Stay Within Your Comfort Zone
Many of the people you see training here have been doing so for many years. Take it slow. Become familiar with our gym and its many different obstacles and structures.
Read our safe training posters and other gym signage.
Flip Tip: Tuck knees out and away from your face. It’s safer and helps you spin faster.
No Rough Housing: Coaches may remove students for violent or poor behavior.
Let us know if you have any questions. Have fun! If you’re unsure about anything, just ask a coach or staff member. We’re here to help you be safe, learn plenty, and enjoy our gym!